Upgrading to MR12.6e
To upgrade an existing MR12.6d (or 12.6c) system to MR12.6e, follow these instructions:
- Download the following tapes from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dps8m/files/MR12.6e_release:
- Download the following DPS8M INI files from here:
The GIT repo for the above INI files (and others) is located here: https://sourceforge.net/p/dps8m/multics/ci/master/tree/dps8m/
- Make a copy of your existing system (do not upgrade an existing system in-place). You can do this by copying your existing Multics directory to another directory.
- Copy the 4 tapes and the three INI files above into your new Multics directory.
- Perform the upgrade by executing the following command line:
And once you have the upgraded system, you can boot it with: